What I learnt by contesting for the Students' Union Elections...

Hi All...!!
Tomorrow are the elections for the Students' Union of my Law School...And fortunately I have contested for the post of Vice-President this time..
I call it fortunate not because I know I am going to win...It is fortunate because it has taught me wonderful life lessons I can never and ever forget till I die..
This is the first time I have contested for elections..and lo! I already have such a pile of experience..!!
I realized it very clearly that Politics is not my cup of tea. I just don't belong to it. It is a drain on my spiritual energy. Drain on what I am. It is a shame on what I am.
It has caused troubles in my most cherished relationships. It has pushed me onto the verge of extinction
I came to know of true colors of my "friends"...my lovely friends...
I committed a lot of mistakes...I was HOPELESSLY FRANK...SHAMELESSLY RUDE...to the politicking people...
Deep down inside of me..I wanted to be rude..
But I now realize that being frank with people degrades me completely...I lose my worth....trying to make them realize...
So, from now on, I feel the best way to improve myself is stop trying to be concerned about people..
Stop worrying about improvement of society...Improvement of nation...i need to be SELFLESSLY SELFISH..concerned with myself..my family..my life..my improvement...my achievement.
I need to be hopelessly ME.
Amen.

Comments

  1. hi!.. no doubt what u ve written is absolutely right my dear!!!!..
    just inculcate what u feel and what u write!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ಈಗ ಕನ್ನಡ ಯಾಕೆ?

Life at TISS so far - Some Major Learnings

Why do we celebrate Birthdays?