Break open all the shackles....be free...be seamless...be one with the One...be Boundaryless..!!

You are me....I am You....We are the Universe...We are the trees, the insects, the animals.....We are Our Enemies...We are Our Hatred....We are the Love...Love thyself....You will love the Universe....Hate yourself....and you will discern that you are the most hated..!!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Blind Man...

The cemented road was lit up by bright sunlight...The Sun shone extra scorchingly...as if mirroring the burning glitch of Mother Earth...Drowned in a labyrinthine shoal of thoughts gushing into my mind, as is usual, I walked along the sultry road...after an enlightening discourse on Judicial Activism at the Library...The Highway was glimming with the beam of busy vehicles..running errand...In came a bus..and I beheld a blind man, very carefully getting off it...He was calm and collected...After taking a modicum of help from the conductor of the bus in climbing down the small fleet of stairs, he sensed I standing at the bus stop...I stood there....Staring at him...trying to figure out whether he was really blind...he said, "Excuse me.."...My low reply was rarely audible to him...I made myself reasonably audible and spoke out, "Yes Sir..."..trying to be as polite as was possible...He asked me whether I could help him cross the road...He had to go to the Blind's School at Navanagar but had been led till RTO by the bus...Yet he was at ease...Not a bit listless...not yelling a word at the conductor....in spite of his false proclamations that he had been gotten down at the right stop...
I held out my hand into his, led him to the other side...feeling Divinely happy and blissful... He thanked me...
I forgot to thank him...for having proven my apprehensions right....Was he really blind..?? His eyes were blind but he was not...His cynical mind was blind to the faults of others..but not his mindful mind, to the beauty of others...His deep entrenched self-confidence - which I sensed by the way he approached me - was blind to his eyes...His mind was blind to the darkness his eyes were showing him...But he was not blind...I came to realize that he was one of the most enlightened men i have ever met in my life... On my way home, I was left praying to God to bless him with all the bliss and happiness...I was left questioning to myself, why, at times I felt I am non-existent...My life is meaningless...for the silliest of the silly reasons...I was left pondering over the thought that...how could a man, who had breathed life into the monotonous end of the day of an average teen, be blind...
Indeed, he was not blind..!! I thank him, from the bottom of my heart, for getting me out of the blindness towards God..!! Blindness towards Nature..!!

1 comment:

  1. wow dear!as always.. M IMPREESED!! wid ur skill of black and white!

    ReplyDelete