Flickering Lights, Bickering Nights

Matching pace with the roads here, cool wind in my hair,
Bumping off the bumpers, containing a thumping heart,
Smile on my lips, and face towards the fading moon
The dark blue night has its way of calling me.

Flickering lights, oozing out glamour
The clothes, the glasses and the classes
Tip-toeing into one another's eyes and minds,
Glossy lips and steamy eyes
Hey 'yo, I am here to stay!

Smell of food, the prawns, 'n crabs, 'n fish,
Dancing with the soupy wave of choco brownies,
Clapping hands, jumping feet,
Faces smiling all the way to our hearts.
Hey 'yo, bickering nights have come all the way!

Rising towers, soaring dreams,
Twinkling eyes, so doing stars,
The hush 'n slush of the waters,
The creaking 'n squeakin' of the bikes
Hey 'yo, the golden oriole is all set to fly!

Flickering lights, bickering nights
Dreamy eyes, sleepy vibes,
Mind-numbing music, heart-thumping dance,
Roads calling, goading flying,
Hey 'yo, I am free, I am free, I am free!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life at TISS so far - Some Major Learnings

Why do we celebrate Birthdays?

Freedom from my mind