I deactivated my Facebook Account

Yeah.

I remember I had done this before, just once, but very unwillingly, with a pain in my heart. But this time, I am glad that I have done it willingly. Even as I did it, my mind was giving me so many reasons to stay back on the site.

Why, even Facebook listed out some random names from my Friends' list and said all those people are going to "miss me"!! Seriously Facebook?

Sometimes I feel, Mark and Team have engineered Facebook to be addictive. They somehow have created it in such a way that just sticks to people's psyche in ways not comprehensible by the conscious mind. It's a dangerous mind game that they are playing.

I have experienced it. It is mentally very very addictive. Addictive for whatever reasons that may be.

I started using Facebook so that I do not feel lonely, and the more I use it, the more lonely I feel? How's this?

An eternal loop which never lets you live? It just strangulates you, day by day, inch by inch.

Sounds dangerous though. Well, mind is a funny tool. You know what it told me?

"You have your Youth24x7 team on Facebook, all the deadlines are announced on the site. You gotta share all the articles you write on Facebook, for professional reasons. You get to read articles on Facebook."

Dear Mind, No. I do not want to do all this. For just some time, I just wanna be left alone, all by myself. I wanna revel in this physical world, however unglamorous it may be.

Facebook isn't my world. It never can be my world. At present, Dharwad is my world. My college is my world. My studies is my world.

Not Facebook. Not my cell phone. Not the messages. Not the phone calls.

I am not a robot. I am a human being. I want to feel the water in ways I have never felt before. I wanna touch the grass, and the wet mud underneath, and I wanna thank God for all that He has given to me.

No, I do not wanna try to look good, because, in the end, I am going to be one with the mud, one with the water. Not even my bones are gonna remain of me.

I used to wonder who would operate my Facebook account when I die? Seriously?

What is Facebook after all? It's a company making profit. And why am I on Facebook? Just because all my friends are there.

I still remember my first year at law school when I wasn't on Facebook. Whenever people used to get to know that I ain't on it, they would be like, "What?! You are NOT on Facebook?" and they would give a cunning smile. Huh.

So, human psychology played its role. I wanted to be one among them. I wanted to be accepted.

Right now, I do not have a smart phone. I do not use Whatsapp. Sometimes I do feel I got to buy a Smartphone and I got to use Whatsapp.

But wait, why? Just because I can be in touch with people 24x7? Why? Facebook hasn't been enough for me to drive me crazy?

Some days ago, I read (on Facebook itself, my bad) that some research somewhere has proven that human beings haven't been created to be hooked to Facebook/ Twitter/ Smartphones; basically, the virtual world.

I do not know about the veracity of the research, but then, I feel it's true. Because I have experienced this.

I just want to count the number of days I am going to be Facebook-less. That is, in short, the number of days for which I am going to live my life. Because, I wanna actually live my life.

Not the life that Facebook asks me to live, though!

Day 1, today is. The Countdown Begins.

P.S.: For once, just once, I wanna gauge the success of my writing skills, not by the number of Page Visits I get on my Blog, but by the sheer strength of my resolution. For once, just once, I just wanna test my own strength. To stay true to my words. For once, just once, I do not want to popularize and advertise my feelings. For once, just once. For once, just once, I do not wana Facebook my Blog. For once, just once, I wanna write for myself only. And for you of course, if at all you happen to visit my Blog, for once, just once, at least.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life at TISS so far - Some Major Learnings

Why do we celebrate Birthdays?

Freedom from my mind